Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary SMB!

I met them one night last July 9,2011 as I tirelessly goofed myself through the world wide web...
...got myself hooked with the web's tagline that I ended up registering myself as a member...
...made my way to get involved with forums and posted topics...
...laugh some more through my paperworks as I tag along with them online on shout box..
...met a handful of them in flesh last August 11,2011 and shared a hefty laugh through french fries and coke float as the meeting went along...


That started it all...
They have this unfathomable image that I can't help myself get deeper with the group...my SMB family...Joining them is more of welcoming myself to the people who shares the same passion as I have...mountaineering..


I still have the vivid memories of our 7th year anniversary held at La Colina Resort last August 20-21, 2011.The event is an experience to treasure.The food, presentations, games and the program in general served its purpose. I have been into team buildings, outings, gimmicks before yet being with them gave me a profound idea that there is beauty of going out your comfort zone through joining and meeting new bunch of nice peeps like them for the first time...well,  with just yourself.And knowing them first hand was an added bonus.


And who wouldn't forget the part where newbies were introduced? To say cool was an understatement...Really...Yes, I have my fair share of being one of a newbie but I did enjoy laughing my heart's out for every joke and "green statements"  delivered that leads into an infectious laughter!


I enjoyed the company of M' Tine and M' Lenzi as they had their so-called swimming lessons. Sir Takumi's funny strokes that he seems to be a pro.The " habulan" game in the pool that eventually ended up into girl talk session per say. Man, sharing with them your thoughts and listening to theirs was just as great.


I enjoyed some more on M' Lenzi's angelic voice as she hits on OPM notes, S' Billy's soulful voice as he beats some Ogie Alcasid's top charts and hey! who wouldn't want to listen S' Jovy's rendition of back to the 80's songs.This lad ( or should I say lass?) seems to have been blessed with endless sense of humor, I just can't help myself laughing into his punch lines that just gave the night a night. And lastly, S' Jim's awesome performance as he rocked Bon Jovi's It's My Life! The song has been constantly playing in my phone since then. And to other who did just great, BRAVO!


Fun was written all throughout the event, I must say...
And before I lost the chance to say the things I needed to say, for who knows if I'll live past a hundred or tomorrow a meteor falls and blows me into smithereens ( sounds familiar? , yeah it's Chico Garcia's line ),   this will have to suffice... ( emo mode )...Thank you SMBerks for the warm welcome and for the laugh shared together..


'Til my first climb and as I share my first SMILE with you...
Seven years and still counting...
Happy Anniversary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

She will be loved

Anyone who know her would describe her as strong willed, independent, a walking ray of sunshine...The woman who can do everything, sol...