Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Twelve (12) in Twenty Twelve (2012)

Dear SMB,

I don’t really make wishes in Christmas Days because I’ve been in 8 Christmases alone ( turning 9 this year ) nor do some New Year’s resolution for I only end up dragging myself to things vaguely written and a far-cry to be materialized.

I dunno why I am writing this in the first place. Is it the workload piled up in my table ( I hate cramming but hey, I can’t seem to organize my itinerary these days )? Or am I inspired of M’Abel’s blog about her 101 in 1001 entries ( 101 things to do in 1001 days)? Maybe yes for the latter..or I just wanted to set things I will be looking forward for the coming year, sort of… I guess.. Whatever the reason maybe I give the thought into writing anyway…

This is a no wish lists of must-have in my birthday, nor childish bubbles or something, I am 26 years old for that, hello? Not a wish to make everyone be responsible and kind, because that would mean a total clean up for the universe, just like what GOD did in Noah’s time, not even asking for a prince charming, well, I would be glad if it will be given ( in hilarious giggles, duh! who wouldn’t?).

It’s been quite a while since I embraced myself with outdoors. I believe even if I would have been years younger or some years ahead I will end up as a mountaineer just the same. Talk about passion, you know…( in Pacman’s way, yu no! hihihi ). So here I am after joining the training climb you have organized last September 10-11, 2011 at Mt. Natib in Orani Bataan I found myself dreaming of another 12 mountains I’d like to climb in 2012. Don’t ‘ya think it’s early? Maybe…But, I opt to write it here though.

After reading reviews after reviews (in between my busiest day ever!), I have listed down the following as my top picks for next year...

1. Mt. Ugo – was discovered in 1987 when a PAL plane crashed on one of its slopes
2. Mt.Amuyao - the summit shows a breathtaking panorama of the entire Cordillera range
3. Mt. Makiling –famous for its guardian fairy named Maria Makiling…sooooooooo Pinoy, talk about legends.
4. Mt. Pulag via Akiki Trail – has a very difficult trail but the more it calls my human quest for challenge
5. Mt. Banahaw – a home for Rizalistas and other cults and believe to be the "New Jerusalem"
6. Mt.Isarog - has a rich biodiversity and beautiful views
7. Mt. Pinatubo – just like to be part of this historical mountain, famous for its eruption which had put the Philippines in uproar
8. Mt. Tarak Ridge – has a rewarding view at the summit wherein you could see the whole view of Bataan, Manila Bay and the tall buildings in Metro Manila.
9. Mt. Asog- a majestic sun rise can be viewed from its summit.
10. Mt. Batulao – the summit of Mt. Batulao offers a spectacular 360-degree view of the Batangas landscape, including Taal Lake and Volcano, and Balayan Bay
11. Mt. Famy ( Romelo ) – famous getaway for mountaineers and commonly called as the "land of the falls" because of the countless waterfalls you can find there .
12. Mt.Halcon - provides a breathtaking view of landscapes in the municipality of Baco in Oriental Mindoro.

Twelve is only a handful compared to hundreds of mountains we have in the Philippines. To those that are not included in my picks, there are more years ahead…Needles to say, this only a miniscule near to life attempt of building a more solid camaraderie with you, of making myself look forward for next year…of getting more closer to HIM through mountains with you…

Suffice it to say, I would like to thank you SMB for sharing with my first climb…Good times, indeed!

Sincerely,

Ms. Gala

No comments:

Post a Comment

She will be loved

Anyone who know her would describe her as strong willed, independent, a walking ray of sunshine...The woman who can do everything, sol...